Back in May, 2013 we had planned on going on a couples retreat (some planning posts are here and here). The trip didn’t happen because after scheduling the cabin, a couple of months later Grenwinae’s job blew out and we decided to move back to Oklahoma.
We’ve rescheduled the cabin for a September weekend and planning has to start all over again:
Dates: Sept 18th to 22nd (Thursday to Monday)
Monday, Sept. 22, is the Autumn Equinox
Waning Crescent, Tuesday is the New Moon
Location: Isolated remote cabin rental on 20 acres of land, includes private river access. About 2 hours away.
Practical matters: Kids will care for the home, but I need someone to feed horses (landowner). I also need to make sure teen daughter wakes up and gets to the bus on Friday and Monday. A big problem is that payday is Friday when we are gone – plans need to be made on how certain bills will be paid/kids have a stocked kitchen.
- Grenwinae’s Journal and Athena’s Journal, pencils, extra paper, markers and/or craft paper
- Athena’s backpack, Whistles (2), Binoculars (2), Tree and Bird ID books, GPS or compass
- Flashlights (2) with spare batteries, camera with batteries and charging cord
- Basic first aid kit with medicines (Aleve, Zyrtec, bandaids, tweezers, nail clippers)
- Water clothes and shoes.
- Star locator software (Grenwinaes phone).
- Massage oil, body paint/crayons, Tantra books
- Archery equipment?
- MP3 player and player
- Ground cloth/blanket and Yoga Mats, Sleeping bags/air mattress?
- Plant clippers and/or knife.
- Tarot cards, bells, whistles, music makers, sage and lavender bundles, incense and lighter, matches, salt, “cauldrons”, sand, Birdseed offering, etc..
- Make a complete list for each ceremony so we can doublecheck. Once we get there, there is no going to the store!
This is the first vacation we have taken for I don’t know how many years. We have sometimes taken a weekend here and there but usually to take care of some sort of business (seeing family, closing the house etc…).
There will definitely be a ceremony for closing out our time in Missouri so time to reflect on what was gained when we were there will be a part of our trip. With the moon cycle, probably more of a time to let go and remove things magickally and the last day start to build towards a new intention.
I don’t want to go into too many details but we will be ending a major cycle next December and will plan a different type of trip at that time. I’ll post more details as it evolves.